jueves, 21 de enero de 2016

A Week of Linguistic Immersion in Avila (December 2015)

Highlights from English Trip to Avila

By: Carmen Romero  //  3o - C (ESO)

This year, during the linguistic immersion week, some students of first, second, and third year of     ESO went to an English camp for a week.  From Monday to Friday, we lived with English     speaking monitors twenty-four hours a day, which is a great opportunity to improve our English and build confidence to speak it in public. 
Just when we arrived, they gave us a room, which we shared with the person we had previously asked to sleep with us. They put us into four mixed groups that we would work with for the rest of the week. 
In two big groups, we also prepared one song each to perform in the last night's talent show. 
We watched movies in the evenings, in original version with subtitles in English.  This year's movies included the trilogy of "The Hobbit." After we watched the movies, we made a movie review between all of us.
From my point of view, I think it's a great and fun experience where you can improve your skills and learn new vocabulary.  I think that it's a fantastic atmosphere to learn in and a very good experience for anyone. If I had to improve something, it would be the movies we watched this year and the food, but this is just my opinion. 
I've been going to the English camp in the language immersion week since I was nine years old, and I recommend that everybody try this at least once, as I think it's a fantastic, fun, and very enriching experience. 



No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario